This year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet on silent auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
1. Register your smartphone and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event or upon arrival.
2. Once your smartphone is registered, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder URL. If you do not receive a text message, see a volunteer or staff member.
3. After clicking the URL in the text, confirm your name when prompted and begin searching for silent auction packages by number, keyword, or category.
4. Select the package you wish to bid on.
5. You can bid the next increment, set a max bid, or simply “Watch” packages. If you enter the highest max bid on a package, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until your max bid is reached or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
6. To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, select the Buy Now button.
7. To make a general donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a pre-set amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate and select OK.
8. If you’re outbid at any point before the silent auction closes, you’ll be notified by text message.
9. You can keep an eye on packages you’ve bid on or are watching by selecting the menu button and selecting the “My List” button located at the left
10. As soon as the silent auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
11. Under “My List” you can check your winning packages.